Updated: February 26, 2021 at 2:51PM
Residence Hall Operations
A number of modifications to on-campus activity remain in place:
- Undergraduate residence hall visitation is limited to residents of that hall.
- Guests are limited to no more than two students beyond the number of residents assigned to the room.
- When resident guests are present in student rooms, everyone in the room must wear masks, distance appropriately, and leave doors open to increase ventilation.
- Students may still attend Mass in any residence hall, but they must depart from the hall after the liturgy ends.
Spring 2021 Semester
Undergraduate residence halls operate at standard occupancy, though significantly enhanced cleaning and other adjustments in our common life are necessary to keep one another safe. As the medical situation changes, this approach will be re-evaluated accordingly. Adjustments to residence halls and their operations include:
- Although students do need to wear masks or observe physical distancing when they are in their assigned rooms, they must do so in all other areas, including hallways and common spaces.
- Residents may have guests in their student rooms, but those guests must be from the same hall and are limited to no more than two students beyond the number of residents assigned to the room. When resident guests are present in student rooms, everyone in the room must wear masks, distance appropriately, and leave doors open to increase ventilation.
- Room capacities for all common spaces in residence halls have been adjusted for physical distancing. Occupancy limits have also been posted for the space.
- The total number of people gathered in a common space at any one time cannot exceed the occupancy limits posted for the space.
- Students who do not live in the same residence hall may socialize 24 hours a day in designated 24-hour common spaces in each hall and also attend all hall Masses. Masks, occupancy, and distancing guidelines must be observed at all times.
- Building Services clean the halls seven days a week instead of five, and disinfect high touch surfaces multiple times a day.
- Shared kitchens and hall fitness rooms are available by appointments during limited hours to allow for increased cleaning and sanitizing.
- Food sales cannot be offered safely, though those kitchens may be open for individual use by appointment.
- Residence hall laundry facilities are free.
- Chapels are open for individual prayer and hall Masses.
- Students should use bathrooms and shower rooms only within their sections.
For a list of FAQs about Residential Life, visit the Coronavirus FAQs for Residential Life page.