Updated: January 13, 2021 at 1:10PM
The University's testing protocol is part of a comprehensive strategy to limit the spread of COVID-19 on campus. It links directly with other parts of that strategy including the University Testing Center at the Joyce Center North Dome and the Daily Health Check.
Diagnostic testing involves testing those who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Diagnostic testing is done at Gate 3 of the Joyce Center by appointment only.
Surveillance testing involves testing people from across campus to identify asymptomatic and presymptomatic individuals and help avert potential outbreaks before they occur. Surveillance testing is done at Gate 2 of the Joyce Center.
Students are strongly encouraged to test at the University Testing Center. If students have tested positive for COVID-19 at an off-campus testing site, it is critical they upload their external test results to help the University identify high-risk or close contacts, provide timely notifications, and offer guidance on quarantining or self-isolation to prevent further transmission in our campus community.
It is easy for students (both undergraduate and graduate) to share their external test results with us:
- Take a photo of your test result and upload to your UHS Patient Portal. Instructions are as follows:
- Log into your UHS Patient Portal at nd.studenthealthportal.com.
- Click on the Document Upload Link.
- Choose “COVID Test Results” from the dropdown list.
- Select “Browse” and navigate to the test result image you would like to upload.
- Click “Save” after you have attached the document.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to inform the Notre Dame Wellness Center if they test positive for COVID-19 regardless of where they have the test performed. This information will help the University’s contact tracers with the contact tracing process for any campus activity.
We want to make it as easy as possible for faculty and staff getting tested elsewhere to be able to share their test results with us:
- Take a photo of your test result and email it to the Notre Dame Wellness Center at email@example.com.