Updated: October 16, 2020 at 3:14PM
Flu Vaccine Blitz
The University will offer free flu vaccines to students, faculty, staff, dependents, and retirees during an expanded version of the annual Flu Vaccine Blitz. Symptoms of the flu can often mimic COVID-19. It is particularly important to minimize the cases of flu on campus this year to keep everyone safe and, to the extent possible, preserve testing resources for COVID-19 testing.
Students are required to be vaccinated this fall. Students must sign up to secure their preferred time at the on-campus Flu Vaccine Blitz. Please schedule your appointment here.
Faculty and staff (and their dependents) are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated in order to help make campus as safe as it can be this year. The University has taken steps to increase ease of access, especially for faculty and staff who are working remotely. Faculty, staff, dependents, and retirees can now receive a free flu vaccine at any in-network pharmacy (make an appointment using these scheduling options through Walgreens or CVS), any in-network provider in the community (including the Notre Dame Wellness Center), or on during the on-campus Flu Vaccine Blitz. Schedule your appointment for the on-campus Flu Vaccine Blitz here.
The second and final Flu Vaccine Blitz will take place Tuesday, Oct. 13 - Thursday, Oct. 15 in the Notre Dame Stadium concourse for students, faculty, staff, and dependents.
All students, faculty, and full-time staff must present a green pass from their daily health check upon arrival to their scheduled appointment at the Flu Vaccine Blitz. To access your pass, visit here.nd.edu/pass and login.
In accordance with University policy, masks are required at all times while on campus. Physical distancing will be maintained whenever possible. Vaccinators, volunteers, and patients will be expected to follow all guidelines and precautions currently in place.
Locations, Dates, & Times
Gate B Stadium Concourse
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 15: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (students only)
How do I get vaccinated?
Students are required to be vaccinated this fall and must sign up to secure their preferred time at the Flu Vaccine Blitz. Students may also go off campus to receive their flu vaccine through a local primary care provider, pharmacy, or walk-in clinic. If going off campus, students should refer to their individual insurance plans for pricing. Students not receiving the flu vaccine through the University must provide documentation about receiving the vaccine via their UHS Patient Portal. Students must receive the flu vaccine by Monday, Nov. 2.
Any student who needs to submit a request for an exemption should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A change in the University’s coverage makes it easier for faculty, staff, dependents to get a free flu vaccine. There are multiple ways to receive the seasonal flu vaccine:
NEW: Visit any in-network pharmacy that provides flu vaccines (make an appointment using these scheduling options at CVS or Walgreens)
- Call ahead to make appointments, especially for children. Some pharmacies may not offer flu vaccines for children under 11. Children between 4 and 11 years of age need an active prescription from their pediatrician to receive a vaccine at a pharmacy. This can be obtained by contacting their primary provider.
- Make an appointment at the Notre Dame Wellness Center starting on October 2.
- Contact any in-network provider
- On-campus Flu Vaccine Blitz: Schedule an appointment to secure your preferred time. Vaccines are only available for children ages 3 and up. Vaccine availability is limited.
- Families should sign up for one appointment slot and should arrive together whenever possible.