Notre Dame's outdoor student gathering space
Introducing the Library Lawn: a new comfortable, inviting space for students between the Hesburgh Library and Notre Dame Stadium. Complete with Adirondack chairs, fire pits, and pergolas, the space, as well as Notre Dame Stadium, provides a welcoming setting for students to engage in informal gatherings and physically distanced activities throughout the 2020 Fall Semester.
The Stage is set up on the north side of the Lawn by the Reflecting Pool, and serves as a space for student performances, concerts, and contests.
The Lounge, located on the south end of the Lawn by Notre Dame Stadium, includes Adirondack chairs, fire pits, and large umbrellas that create the ultimate outdoor hangout space.
The Green is the space between the Lounge and Stage, where yard games and activities are available for student use.
*Both The Stage and The Green are reservable by recognized student groups and University departments hosting student-facing events. Student groups can request use of the space through SAO360 while University departments can email email@example.com.
Building Services will sanitize surfaces daily.
- Chairs, pergolas, fire pits, umbrellas, blankets
- Lawn games, including Ladderball, KanJam, Cornhole, and more
- Other activities to include remote control boats on the reflecting pool, performances on the stage, and more
Library Lawn will be continuously staffed or monitored.
- Open to on-campus, off-campus, and graduate students.
- Students should follow COVID-19 health protocols at all times: wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, and refrain from gathering in groups of more than 10.
- Furniture, games, and installations should remain in place at all times.
- Please do not touch the fire pits. They will be turned on from 6 pm until midnight on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Open seven days a week:
- Sunday - Thursday: Until midnight
- Friday - Saturday: Until 2 a.m.
Library Lawn is open for informal gatherings and events during normal operating hours. The Student Activities Office will target specific days and times to offer student programming and activities:
- Monday-Wednesday, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday-Friday, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Your ideas are welcomed and encouraged! Students with ideas for programming are encouraged to share.
Outdoor Student Events
Library Lawn is one of many outdoor gathering spaces being used to host student events. The following list includes across campus. See the full list of Outdoor Student Events.