Updated: March 12, 2021 at 12:22PM
Student Gathering Spaces
A number of modifications to on-campus activity remain in place. Read the recent update >
A number of venues have designated hours for quiet study, informal gathering, and outdoor dining:
All tents are heated. While Dining Tents provide the necessary circulation to allow for eating in these spaces, food and drink are prohibited in both Quad Lodges. WiFi signal strength is not guaranteed in outdoor venues.
Duncan Dining Tent (by Gate E of Notre Dame Stadium)
- Monday - Friday 7am - 8pm
- Saturday - Sunday 10am - 8pm
LaFortune Dining Tent (on Fieldhouse Mall)
- Monday - Friday 7am - 9pm
- Saturday - Sunday 9am - 9pm
North Dining Tent & South Dining Tent
- Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Duncan and LaFortune dining tents can be reserved by recognized student groups or departments from the time dining ends until midnight, 7 days a week.
Quad Lodge Tents
- North Lodge & South Lodge
- Monday - Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Additional details, including opening dates, to be announced soon.
Locations include strong WiFi and restrooms.
- South Dining Hall & North Dining Hall
Rasmus Club (8th floor of Duncan Student Center)
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Scholars Lounge (1st floor of Hesburgh Library)
Duncan Student Center
- Monday - Friday: 5:45 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
LaFortune Student Center
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. -12:00 a.m.
The University encourages students to think creatively about where to hold gatherings and consider utilizing what may be atypical spaces. The listed locations are not the only venues available for student groups to reserve.
Student groups can use SAO360 to reserve the following spaces. Departments should contact SAO at 1-7308 or email@example.com:
- Duncan Dining Tent can be reserved between 8 pm and midnight, 7 days a week. (Capacity: 76)
- LaFortune Dining Tent can be reserved between 9 pm and midnight, 7 days a week. (Capacity: 26)
Contact University Events at venueND@nd.edu or 574-631-1400 to reserve:
- Wind Family Fireside Terrace at the Morris Inn
- Notre Dame Stadium bowl seating and field
- Purcell Pavilion
- Irish Green
- Legends club