Updated: May 24, 2021 at 1:18PM
The University’s commitment to minimize COVID-19 infections and safeguard the health of the entire Notre Dame community requires both significant limitations on the number of visitors to campus and heightened expectations of visitors who do come to campus.
The intent is to limit visitors—those who are not students, faculty or staff members at the University—to those who have approved, essential business on campus, especially with regard to those who may enter campus buildings.
It is also our intention to articulate clear expectations for those visitors who do come to campus. While the University prides itself on being a place of hospitality, these measures are necessary in order to protect the health and safety of the University community as well as to the well-being of our visitors.
Before you visit campus, note the following expectations:
- For the safety and well-being of the Notre Dame community, please do not come to campus if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Cough; shortness of breath; fever of 100.4 Fahrenheit or higher; chills; repeated shaking with chills; runny nose or new nasal; congestion; muscle pain; headache; sore throat; gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; new loss of taste or smell
- Visitors may be asked to complete a health symptom questionnaire upon arrival at certain events.
- Cloth masks can be purchased at the Hammes Bookstore or in the Morris Inn.
- All visitors must abide by the current face mask protocols.
- Any visitor to campus must follow physical distancing protocols, maintaining 6 feet of physical distance to the extent possible at all times.
- Visitors are expected to comply with all additional posted safety protocols.
- Some eateries remain open to the public with limited hours or access. Visitors are not permitted in North or South Dining Hall.
- In-person campus tours—both those hosted by Undergraduate Admissions and the Eck Visitors’ Center—are suspended. Visit tour.nd.edu to take a virtual campus tour.
- The University reserves the right to ask those visitors who fail to comply with Notre Dame’s health and safety requirements during this time of global pandemic to leave a particular venue or building, or to depart campus.